Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Lily Kind of Love

NOTE: Please, please, PLEASE if you know my brother or his fiance, do not disclose this project to them. I am rather certain neither of them are on Facebook or blogger or anything else right now, so I am going to step out on a limb and ask for a little feedback about this sonnet, dedicated to them. It's part of the poem-a-day project, so even though it is technically a first draft, I've been sitting here for an hour and a half making sure the endlines rhyme correctly. The meter is a bit of a mess, but I think I have five "beats" in each line - even if it isn't straight iambic pentameter (I'm pretty sure that's "required" in a sonnet... not that Bill and Rachel will care one way or the other).

*poof!*

1 comment:

  1. This is truly a beautiful piece..really touching for this sacred event, wow-
    "Bloom in such a way that others strive
    to serve each other and thus, survive" I can see the priority here..
    Nice work and thanks for stopping by with your kind words-

    ReplyDelete