Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kind of unorthodox for Sarah, but anyway...

I haven't been following the rules of one of the website's prompts, but today I wanted to catch up to my once-a-weekday, so I stopped by and found the prompt to write a poem whose first line or title begins All I want is... and then you need to fill in the blank. So I did.


All I Want is a Martini,


slim and light, a cherry bobbing
like romance in apple pucker,
its stem a curling finger.
Caramel lips the edge
of the glass, locks
sticky sweet, and I lick.

A sexy sip,
cool on my tongue,
then slow rain,
neckline kisses,
silken sheets.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like it it :)

    Sorry I haven't stopped by lately. It has been very busy around here (evident by my lack of posts). Thank you for your comments from earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a great process! The way you just leap in and start up a poem!

    I have to stew and stew.

    Good reads.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete