Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A few verses for Chardon...

"My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them, "Stay here and keep watch." (Mark 14:34) "I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart." (Romans 9:2) "Why did I ever come out of the womb to see trouble and sorrow and to end my days in shame?" (Jeremiah 20:18) "How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?" (Psalm 13:2)

"...and those the Lord has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing, everlasting joy will crown their heads.  Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away." Isaiah 35:10

"a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance." - Ecclesiastes 3:4

"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning... You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart my sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever." - Psalm 30:5, 10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment