Friday, March 27, 2015

Easter Poems - Last Words

Copyright 2010, Matt Durbin
mattdurbinart.com
For the next week, poems I wrote in response to the last seven things Jesus is recorded as saying are being shared as part of Jody Thomae's Create-a-Day Virtual Art-Walk. These poems, for me, were entrance into verses in Scripture that for me began to feel worn down by ritual and repetition. I wanted to experience these moments anew, for myself.

The poems are paired with artwork by Matt Durbin, who painted them in response to the verses as well.

I hope you will follow along!

Virtual Art-Walk Day 1
Virtual Art-Walk Day 2

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sarah! I hope folks will join us on this creative journey leading up to Easter.

    Folks, just as the poems helped Sarah enter into these passages afresh and anew, they have challenged me anew, as well. Even as I worked on this porject I found myself in tears considering Christ's sacrifice. Sarah's words and Matt's artwork have helped me enter in afresh and anew, as well!
    Creative blessings, Jody

    ReplyDelete