Friday, October 24, 2008

Baked Apple, Green Ogres, and Snuggles

My word it's been a week already. I am pretty run down tonight after a busy day at work and frustrating financial mishaps. I hate money. I really do. All of its finiteness, especially. But in the end, note the lilies in the field and the sparrows in the air - and we're worth much more than sparrows, so I'm told. ;)

We watched Shrek 2, again, tonight. I felt bad, to some degree, turning on the movie after dinner because I am rather certain it was on all morning, too, but it was cold in the living room (still is), and Lydia's energy levels were really high. I just couldn't come up with anything creative, energy-letting, and contained within the walls of our home to do on a rainy Friday night. I am really glad I did though - I don't think I've sat for an hour and a half with my children, ever. Elvis just melts into you - his little body snuggles up and he holds onto your arm or hand with his hands and rests. Lydia will sit for a minute or two and then she stands and then sits and then stands and then sits and then stands. And then jumps off of the couch, three times before you say ENOUGH! I'll turn it off! And then she sits again. There was a good 15 minute period though when they were completely sucked in by the ogres. It was heaven.

I "baked" an apple tonight with cinnamon and brown sugar in the microwave. It was delicious. I don't think I've ever made baked apples before - especially not the traditional in-the-oven way - but this turned out magnificent in 2 minutes vs. the recipe I found which called for an hour in the oven. What?! Are you serious?!

Ack! I just remembered that the Office was on last night. Time to go watch ABC.com. And I'm sure there was something entertaining on the Thursday edition of SNL...

This is why I love Friday nights. The only noise in the house is the ticking of the clock, the sighing of the dog, the passing of cars, and the clicking of the keyboard. Just. Me. And Tex. Who sighs.

1 comment:

  1. You won't find the Office episode if you go to ABC.com... The Office is on NBC! :)

    Miss you! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete